Advantages of Cloud Storage
1. Usability: All cloud storage services have desktop folders for Servers, PC’s and Mac’s. This allows users to drag and drop files between the cloud storage and their local storage.
2. Bandwidth: You can avoid emailing files to individuals and instead send a web link to recipients through your email.
3. Accessibility: Stored files can be accessed from anywhere via Internet connection.
4. Disaster Recovery: It is highly recommended that businesses have an emergency backup plan ready in the case of an emergency. Cloud storage can be used as a back‐up plan by businesses by providing a second copy of important files. These files are stored at a remote location and can be accessed through an internet connection.
5. Cost Savings: Businesses and organisations can often reduce annual operating costs by using cloud storage; cloud storage costs about 3 cents per gigabyte to store data internally. Users can see additional cost savings because it does not require internal power to store information remotely.